This course is designed for people who have short-term contact with clients, either by phone or face to face. Typically those clients will be in or approaching a psychotic episode, so distressed that they may harm themselves or attempt suicide.
Topics Covered Include:
- Verbal De-escalation Techniques
- Motivating Persons In Crisis
- Handling Passive Non-Compliance
- Multiple Non-Violent De-escalation Techniques
- The appropriate 'manner' for professionals working in crisis
- Building Rapport
- Trauma Informed Care And How It Relates To Crisis Intervention
- How to identify the trigger for the crisis and maybe modifying the person's response to it
- The key nature of Hope and how to give and maintain it
How long is the course?
The course is a full day, running 09:00 am - 15:30 pm
Where is the course held?
The courses are run at our Training Academy which is 10 Minutes away from Chesterfield town centre and has regular bus routes every 10 minutes and there is plenty of parking available.
How much does this course cost?
This course costs £TBC. Group discounts are available.
To book your place please get in touch: 01246 235208 or [email protected]