This course aims to provide learners with an introduction to Stoma and Catheter Care, offering an overview of the digestive system and how it works. The course also covers the products that are used in Stoma and Catheter Care including such products like stoma bags.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is a stoma?
- Why stomas may be necessary
- Explain how the digestive system works
- The different types of stomas and the products used
- The role of the stoma care nurse
- The importance of verbal and written communication
- Cultural and Religious beliefs and the effects these can have on stoma care
- Post-operative care
- Bridges and stents
- Dietary requirements of patients with stomas
How long is the course?
The course is half a day, running 13:00 pm - 16:30 pm
Where is the course held?
The courses are run at our Training Academy which is 10 Minutes away from Chesterfield town centre and has regular bus routes every 10 minutes and there is plenty of parking available.
How much does this course cost?
This course costs £56pp. Group discounts are available. NO PRICE INCREASES FOR 2019!
To book your place please get in touch: 01246 235208 or [email protected]