This introductory course offers an overview of strategies to identify contributory factors to falls and how to prevent them happening and what happens in the event of a fall. This course is aimed at care workers who may be working with vulnerable people, particularly the elderly, but could also be beneficial to those looking after elderly relatives.
Topics Covered Include:
- Personal and environmental risk factors contributing to falls
- Poor vision causing falls - cataract and age-related macular degeneration.
- Social, psychological and other implications of falls.
- Determining when a person is at risk.
- Helping those who have fallen - medical, exercise, awareness, etc.
- Injuries caused by falling
How long is the course?
The course is half a day, running 09:00 am - 12:30 pm
Where is the course held?
The courses are run at our Training Academy which is 10 Minutes away from Chesterfield town centre and has regular bus routes every 10 minutes and there is plenty of parking available.
How much does this course cost?
This course costs £44pp. Group discounts are available. NO PRICE INCREASES FOR 2019!
To book your place please get in touch: 01246 235208 or [email protected]