This introductory course is designed to inform people about the changes that occur in people moving toward the end of life and the support needed and offered to those affected. This course teaches individuals about a variety of areas directly relevant to the role, including assessing supporting individuals at the end of their lives and their families, supporting individuals through change, and helping manage pain and discomfort.
End of Life Care refers to the health care of a patient in what could be their final days/hours of their lives. This may also include care of someone with a terminal illness. The course is designed for all people working in end of life settings and providing care and support to people within their own home.
Some topics covered on this course include:
- Understand how to work in end of life care
- Principles of working in end of life care
- Understand how to support individuals during their last days of life
- Communication during End of Life Care
- Assessment and Care Planning in End of Life Care
- Person-Centred Approaches to End of Life Care
- Care During the Final Hours of Life and Bereavement Care
How long is the course?
The course is half a day, running 13:00 pm - 16:30 pm
Where is the course held?
The courses are run at our Training Academy which is 10 Minutes away from Chesterfield town centre and has regular bus routes every 10 minutes and there is plenty of parking available.
How much does this course cost?
This course costs £44pp. Group discounts are available. NO PRICE INCREASES FOR 2019!
To book your place please get in touch: 01246 235208 or [email protected]