This is an awareness of diabetes and looks at the different types that exist, how to care for someone living with diabetes, and how to promote independence. This course is ideal for people working in the care industry who may be involved in caring for a service user who has diabetes.
Topics Covered Include:
- Understand diabetes and the associated implications
- Know the most common types of diabetes and their causes
- Understand how to implement a person-centred approach when supporting individuals with diabetes
- Understand the nutritional needs of individuals with diabetes
- Understand the importance of monitoring diabetes
- Understand the links between diabetes and other conditions
How long is the course?
The course is half a day, running 13:00 pm - 16:30 pm
Where is the course held?
The courses are run at our Training Academy which is 10 Minutes away from Chesterfield town centre and has regular bus routes every 10 minutes and there is plenty of parking available.
How much does this course cost?
This course costs £44pp. Group discounts are available. NO PRICE INCREASES FOR 2019!
To book your place please get in touch: 01246 235208 or [email protected]