The course is an introduction to dementia, the different types of dementia, the dementia journey and how to support individuals. This course would be ideal for care support workers with clients with dementia and others who may be involved in their care and support, or those with relatives who have dementia.
Some topics covered on the course include:
- Definition of “Dementia”
- How individuals reduce the risk of dementia
- Why early diagnosis of dementia is important
- How people affected by dementia can live as well as possible after diagnosis
- The importance of recognising a person with dementia as a unique individual
- The impact of dementia on individuals, families and society
- Effective and compassionate communication
How long is the course?
The course is half a day, running 09:00 am - 12:30 pm
Where is the course held?
The courses are run at our Training Academy which is 10 Minutes away from Chesterfield town centre and has regular bus routes every 10 minutes and there is plenty of parking available.
How much does this course cost?
This course costs £44pp. Group discounts are available. NO PRICE INCREASES FOR 2019!
To book your place please get in touch: 01246 235208 or [email protected]