What is the Care Certificate?
Following the recommendations of the Cavendish Report 2013, The Care Certificate was introduced to:
- Build on and replace the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS)
- Set out specific learning outcomes, competencies and standards that will ensure caring and compassionate quality of care
Who is the course for?
The Care Certificate course is available for all care workers, healthcare assistants and social care support workers who are new to the workplace or new to care (within first 12 weeks) or existing staff requiring refresher training.
Units covered in the course include:
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a Person Centred Way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Infection Prevention and Control
How much does the course cost?
The cost of this course varies depending on the number of participants, to get a quote please contact a member of our Training Academy team.
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208