Sensory Impairment Awareness - Half Day Training Course
The Sensory Impairment Awareness Half Day Training Course has been developed to give a brief introduction and raise awareness of sensory impairments. It has been successfully delivered as part of conferences and for continued professional development.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for people who wish to learn about sensory impairments. It provides an insight and an awareness of single and dual sensory impairments.
What will the course cover?
By the end of this half day participants will:
- Be able to give a definition of Deafblindness
- Know the terms and definitions of Deafblindness
- Understand the types of sensory impairment
- Understand the differences between acquired and congenital dual sensory impairment
- Know how to recognise a person with dual sensory impairment and when sight and hearing loss change
- Have an insight into the issues a person with dual sensory impairment might experience
- Understand the psychological and emotional impact that dual sensory impairments can have upon a person
- Have an awareness of communication methods and tactics that may be used such as Moon, Braille, Deablind block, manual, large print and much more
- Be aware of the technical aids and adaptations that may support communication
How much does this course cost?
£44.00 PP - Group rates are available.
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208