Moving & Handling
One to One Support Services is able to offer a Moving and Handling course. It is essential to know how to look after someone with an illness or disability, you may need to help move them around. It's essential that you know about safe moving and handling so you don't hurt yourself or them.
Here are some examples of when you may need to help and ill or disabled individuals:
- Getting in and out of bed
- Using the toilet
- Getting in and out of a vehicle
- Getting up from the floor after a fall
What should you check before lifting someone?
- Does the person need help to move?
- Have you told the person you're moving them?
- How long will it take?
- Is there enough space around you?
How long is this course?
The full course is: 09:30-15:30 and the half day (refresher) course runs: 09:30-12:30.
How much does this course cost?
Half Day: £44.00 PP - Group rates are available.
Full Day: £67.00 PP - Group rates are available.
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208