Level 2 & 3 - Apprenticeship Training Course - Children and Young People's Workforce
One to One Support Services delivers Apprenticeship Training Courses Level 2 and 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce. Apprenticeships are open to all and One to One is able to provide necessary training and assessing for both intermediate or advanced apprenticeships.
Each Apprenticeship is made up of different qualifications. However, they all share the same compulsory components. An intermediate apprenticeship is equivalent to GCSE. Advanced Apprenticeships are equated to A-Levels.
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a wage and gain valuable workplace skills.
What will the course cover?
- ERR (Employment rights and responsibility)
- Diploma at Level 2
- PLTS (Personal listening and thinking skills)
- Functional Skills Maths and English
There are mandatory units along with optional units from which a selection can be made. Here is a list of example mandatory units:
- Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's settings
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children's and Your People's settings
- Child and Young Person development
- Contribute to the support of Child and Young Person development
At level 3 there are 3 pathways to choose from depending on which childcare setting you are employed.
As this is part of the skills framework, credits gained when passing units can be counted towards other higher qualifications.
How long is the course?
- Intermediate (Level 2) - Up to 15 months
- Advanced (Level 3) - 18 months
What careers are available?
- Care Practitioner
- Youth and Community Worker
- Child Minder
- Nursery Nurse
- Teaching Assistant
- Care Worker
- Foster Carer
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208