The course is an introduction to dementia, the different types of dementia, the dementia journey and how to support individuals.
What does the course cover?
- Definition of “Dementia”
- How individuals reduce the risk of dementia
- Why early diagnosis of dementia is important
- How people affected by dementia can live as well as possible after diagnosis
- The importance of recognising a person with dementia as a unique individual
- The impact of dementia on individuals, families and society
- Effective and compassionate communication
- End of life planning
How long is the course?
The course can be completed in half a day.
How much does this course cost?
£44.00 PP - Group rates are available.
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208