Complex Communication Needs & Systems - One Day Training Course
The Complex Communication Needs and Systems One Day Training Course is a more advanced course for those looking to enhance existing knowledge of systems of communication.
Who is this course for?
It is for staff working with people with congenital sensory impairments or disabilities. This course is for those looking to enhance pre-existing knowledge of the topic. It may be for staff who need to design or implement a new system of communication.
What is covered in the course?
Topics covered on the course are:
- Communication introduction exercises
- Definitions of Deafblindness
- Understanding the differences between Acquired and Congenital
- How to recognise a person with Dual Sensory Impairment
- Approaching a person with sensory loss
- Maximising residual sight and hearing
- Functional assessment of sight and hearing changes
- Natural communications - Expressive and receptive and interpretation
- Communication systems - Objects of reference; Personal objects of reference; Colour systems; Scent systems; Calendar systems; Tactile; Pictorial and signs; Sign language systems; Deafblind Manual language
- Environment support and auditing for communication
- Mobility and route systems
- Aids and adaptations
- Planning for communication and care packages/services