Communication Methods & Tactics - One Day Training Course
The Communication Methods and Tactics One Day Training Course is a specialised course for those wishing to expand their knowledge and communication skills for interacting with people with sensory impairments.
Who is the course for?
Individuals wanting to expand their knowledge of interacting with sensory impairments. A basic awareness would be beneficial but is not essential.
What is covered in the course?
- Types of sensory impairment - acquired and congenital
- Terminology and definitions
- Techniques and types of communication
- Clear speech, sign languages, Deafblind block, Deafblind manual, objects of reference, personal object of reference, Braille, Moon and much more
- Communication with sensory impaired people
- Factors influencing communication
- Barriers to communication and how to break them down
- Language modification
- Good practise
- Communicating and guiding/mobility
- Supportive environments for communication
- Planning communication systems
- Professionals that support people with sensory impairments
- Planning services and activities
How much does the course cost?
The cost of this course is £645 for a class of 16 people or £99 per person for less than 16. If you would like the course to be delivered at your place please call for a quote.
To find out more or register then please either see our Contact Page or call 01246 235 208